Saturday, March 31, 2007

Should Tony Blair stay or should he go?

This is a video for Lasse who revealed his dark side in an article called "A true statesman!". I really hope that we all have an answer for the question: he should go, and ASAP!

4 comments:

The Secretary General said...

Well, just because guys dont like his views on the EU, it doesnt change, that most of his policies have been more conservative than most conservative parties throughout Europe!

And Pall reveals little knowledge about the situation in UK, he is quite the contrary not a populist. A populist wouldnt have participated in the Iraq war, but hey almost only Denmark did that... we defend freedom every day! ;-)

Tomáš Jirsa said...

Come on, Lasse, nobody really said anything about his euro-views, which I don't mind. In this regard, you are probably aware of the fact, that before he became a prime minister, he proposed Britain's withdrawal from the EU! (So i don't really believe his well-rehearsed eurolove) That points to his major problem - like any other socialist, he is able to sell his basic views (are there any?) for public appraisal. And he did that many times. Iraq was an exception, I agree that a big one. If I were as unfair as you, I would be saying that in Denmark you can admire him, because your right wing politics didn't really manage to do what he did. Compared to Thatcher, Laar or even Klaus or any other conservative reformist, he cannot really stand for anything.

I respect him only as a good political marketeer and thats his strongest advantage.

The Secretary General said...

So this means that you also do like and respect David Cameron, coz he is like trying to market REALLY red ideas (on for instance the environment) and taking over the social democratic lane in british politics. He is overtaking the Labour party in several topics with socialist ideas - and his idea about taking the british conservatives out of the EPP is surely populistic!

Tomáš Jirsa said...

Well, actually yes. I have a problem with Cameron. He wasn't really able to prove to be a statesman (he is just running), but the scale on which he shifts ideas right and left is a bit too big for me.

Why is his withdrawal from EPP populistic? If he wants to put forward some reform agenda, which the EPP was not able to, why shouldn't he be able to do it?