On Sunday morning, as most of U started your home trip, I, firstly, had a great nap till 12 o`clock and then set my foot to the bus station of Beograd. The bus trip was really ok, beside the fact that it lasted for 6,5 h and it was all shining outside. Though, the view was great, I actually went past the biggest mountain of Serbia (1,9 km height - maybe Mia can help me with the name). There weren`t no problems between the border of Kosovo and Serbia and I arrived to Mitrovica at half past 7.
I imagined that I`m entering a war zone, but it wasn`t that bad at all. People were all friendly and generous, mostly because Kosovo has unemployment rating at 70% and they just hope that you would donate or tip some money.
Most of my time I stayed in a city called Kosovsko Mitrovica, which is the biggest city in North-Kosovo and also the most problematic. As it is generally known, Mitrovica is divided into two part: Northern (Serbian part, pop. around 20K) and Southern (Albanian, pop. around 70K). There were quite a difference between those two parts of a town, but I`m not going to disclose which part I loved the most. I think it`s enough when I say that the serbian part was much cleaner. And I`m not saying this, because I know that Serbians are reading that blog, it`s just that the Albanians are throwing trash where ever they like.

The famous bridge that is dividing Kosovsko Mitrovica into two part. This bridge has been destroyed several times and the new bridge has been funded by EU. We see policemen guarding this bridge and it is guarded by army troops, too. For using the bridge you`ll have to show your ID-card. It`s guarded because it`s the most common place for agressive riots and fights between Albanians and Serbians. At the moment we have a view to an Albanian side of the city.
Serbian part of the city
...and the Albanian part of it
It`s a look to a Roman part of the city (Roman village) on the Albanian part of the town. Some years ago, Albanians burnt Roman village down. Now Norwegians have built them new appartment houses (on the left) that are much better than the cotes they were living before. All the Roman minority (200 people) can live like kings now. I think it`s the time when they can say to bullies:"Who`s the biatch now, huh?!" Funny solution though.
Kosovo has a very beautiful nature, only if the Kosovars would respect the landscape they have.
My escort, who were protecting me along my adventure. My brother on the left and another Estonian troop sitting in a car.

Question: How many women are on the picture?

Welcome to Priština - The City of Unemployment and Pirate Products
I really loved my trip and it was definately a great experience. Because I`m going to write a 10-page essay on this topic in english, I took a freedom not to blog about political situation in Kosovo. But, I really am prepared to discuss about it and answer any of your questions.
Maiko,
happily home in Tartu
No comments:
Post a Comment